Wedding Gown Timeline
Ever since you were a little girl, you have been dreaming about what your wedding gown will look like. Now you’re engaged, and shopping for the gown is top of your priority list.
But where (and when!) to start?
From ordering to altering, the expert stylists at Winnie Couture have your perfect wedding gown timeline to follow!
12-18 Months Out
- Set gown budget
- Do research and create Pinterest, find out what kinds of gowns will look best on body type
- Find local bridal salons
- Choose who you will bring to shop with (3-5 people max!)!
- Go shopping
8-12 Months Out
- Make Bridal Appointments!
- Buy gown!
- Start shopping for veils/accessories
5 Months Out
- Shop for undergarments (if necessary)
- Choose hairstyle and book hair/makeup trial
- Choose shoes! Break them in
3 Months Out
- Have first fitting and pick up the gown from the salon!
- Take gown to tailor
6-8 Weeks Out
- Have second fitting with tailor
- Decide on “something old, borrowed, blue”
2-4 Weeks Out
- Final gown fitting
- Pick up gown
- Make sure shoes are broken in
- Make sure there is a steamer available for the day of
1 Day Out
- Put together an emergency kit for the day of!!
- Safety pins, fashion tape, undergarments
- Put everything together; gown, veil, shoes, jewelry, etc.
- HAVE A BLAST!
- Get preservation kit and send it to be cleaned
XOXO Winnie Couture