Different bridal gown styles and silhouettes explained.
Fashion is a highly intricate subject matter, and things tend to get more complicated when it comes to designer wedding dresses.Bridal gowns and silhouettes come in a plethora of styles and designs. Every would-be bride starts researching about her wedding dress way ahead of her D-day. Still, they find themselves in lots of confusion because fashion trends are highly dynamic. Also, a would-be bride may not know the actual terms using which she can describe her exact requirement to her bridal stylist.
If you are going through the same situation, you may want to go through this blog. Our purpose is to bring much-needed clarity to every would-be bride so that she can shop for her dream dress conveniently.
Types of wedding gown shapes and silhouettes
- Mermaid wedding dress: If you are looking for something flirtatious, then go for mermaid wedding dresses. They are tightly fitted throughout the hips, waist, and bust and flare out at the knees. Try this silhouette if you need an effortless red carpet look.
- Ball gown wedding dress: A ball gown wedding dress will give you the perfect fairy tale look. The silhouette comprises a tightly fitted bodice and a wide, fuller skirt. The skirt allows you to move freely and offer proper bust support. You can easily create an illusion of fuller hips.
- A-line wedding dress:An A-line wedding dress looks flattering on all body types. The A-line skirt creates an A shape as it flares out from your waist. Such wedding gowns generally feature organza, tulle, structured fabrics, etc.
- Sheath wedding dress:This wedding silhouette fits well on your waist and then falls straight onto the floor from below your hips. This one is suitable for any bride who wants minimal wedding dresses.
- Trumpet wedding dress:Try a trumpet wedding silhouette if you wish to accentuate your curves without restricting your freedom. Such wedding dresses are not fitted tightly around your hips and start flaring out at the lower thighs themselves. Get the best trumpet wedding dress at Winnie Couture.
- Column wedding dress:If you are looking for a straight up and down look, then a column wedding dress will be the perfect option. These unique wedding dress look good on petite brides.
- Tea-length wedding dress:Such bridal gowns look absolutely chic. They are a bit longer than your cocktail dresses. These gowns allow fuss-free movement and also let you flaunt your wedding shoes.
- Fit and flare wedding dress:This is a toned-down version of mermaid silhouettes and helps you flaunt your figure effortlessly. You can walk, sit and dance freely since the gown flares out at mid-thigh.
We hope this blog clears your confusion. If you still have some doubts, feel free to head straight to the leading bridal fashion boutique Winnie Couture. They have all types of bridal silhouettes, and their experienced bridal stylists will walk you through the entire wedding dress selection process. Get the dreamiest bridal silhouette for your special day at Winnie Couture.