With wedding season in full swing, many brides-to-be are hitting the shops to find their dream dress. If you’re one of them, follow our top tips for a successful shopping experience! From planning your budget to avoiding common mistakes, we’ll help ensure your day is stress-free and enjoyable. So read on for all the advice you need to find the perfect dress for your big day!
Keep a Budget and Stick To It
When you shop for wedding dresses in Nashville, it is essential to set a budget and stick to it. Knowing how much you are willing to spend will help narrow down your choices, allowing you to make the best decision for your special day.
The cost of a wedding dress will differ based on the following:
- a) The designer
- b) The fabric used
- c) Any embellishments or extras included
- d) Whether you purchase a sample gown, new from the store, or custom-made.
Once you’ve established your budget, research designers and bridal boutiques in Nashville to find the best places to shop, don’t forget to factor in the cost of alterations, accessories, and shoes.
Research Different Styles, Silhouettes, and Fabrics Before Shopping
Some types and styles of wedding dresses include:
- a) Ball gown: This is a classic style fit for a princess, featuring a fitted bodice and full skirt.
- b) Sheath dress: A modern and sleek design that fits close to the body and falls straight down.
- c) A-line dress: This silhouette features a tailored top with a gradually widening skirt from the waist to the hem.
- d) Empire dress: This style is defined by its high waistline, which falls just below the bust.
- e) Tea-length dress: This mid-length sequin wedding dress features a skirt that grazes just above or below the ankle.
When shopping for your wedding dress, you’ll also need to consider the fabric and material used in its construction. Tulle, lace, silk, and satin are standard fabrics used in wedding dresses.
Wear Appropriate Undergarments When Trying on Dresses
Wedding dresses often contain delicate fabrics, so it is essential to ensure that your undergarments will not damage the dress. Always opt for seamless and nude-colored underwear when trying on wedding dresses, as this will help preserve the fabric. Additionally, wear a strapless bra or shapewear underneath your dress to provide extra support. These pieces will help you feel more confident and comfortable in the dress while also ensuring that your dress is protected.
Contact Winnie Couture for the best wedding dress experience! With their wide selection of styles and sizes, you’ll find the perfect dress for your special day.